Are there any vector map data providers with API's, that i can use to build my app on iOS natively (not on a webview). Specifically im looking for:
- For a library/framework that uses existing map servers as datasources to get vector maps. Even a HTTP based API that returns vector map data would be helpful!
- Any tools that would help me render (on openGL) such a map on iOS. Mapnik (http://mapnik.org/) looks good, but im still unsure on how i would go about using it!
Things I've looked and why those wont work for me (tell me otherwise!):
- Google Maps & Apple Maps : Cannot use as a datasource for vector map format.
- Mapbox : Coming out with map vector support. Not yet out there.
- TileStache : Looks promising. Would like more information on this if anyone has used it?