I have created a point shapefile in ArcGIS 10.0 that has a geographic projection, but it will not display/draw. When I view the properties it has no "extent" information. Is this the problem?
Assuming there is actually data (rows) in the file and it is just not showing, you can try fixing the point data manually by:
- creating POINT_X and POINT_Y columns
- using "calculate geometry" write the x and y popint coordinates into those fields respectively
- export that attribute table as a text file
- reimport it back into your map
- right cick and display x-y data using the centroid locations as the x and y coordinates
You can then export the data and you have a new point shapefile.