Can you please advice me on which Remote Sensing software ? Which one is popular ? Which one is the least ? Which one is the easy to learn curve ? Pros and Cons welcome ?
closed as too broad by Fezter♦, PolyGeo♦, Devdatta Tengshe, MappaGnosis, Ian Turton♦ Jul 24 '13 at 9:01
Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
You'll find that ENVI and Erdas hold the bulk of the market share for commercial remote sensing software. You will find that if you are equipped with your favorite GIS software, python and either one of these RS packages, you will be in good shape for RS work. For the most part, it comes down to personal preference. However, I have noticed clear differences that may make a difference for you.
- Warm, fuzzy GUI
- Model building capabilities
- Powerful add-on capabilities such as Objective for feature extraction and ATCOR for atmospheric corrections
- Limited or difficult batch capabilities for many tools
- IDL can be used to extend ENVI functionality and is a powerful tool for batch processing
- Excels at processing hyperspectral imagery
- Very good algorithms for classifying vegetation
Given these strengths and weaknesses, I usually stick with Erdas.