I am trying to create agent based model for simulating movement of occupants in different rooms of different floors of a building. I am using Agent Analyst tutorial downloaded from ESRI website and PhD dissertation of Elizabeth Groff as a guide.
Since the building has three different floors, I have created a 3D network dataset and created a toolboox which can find shortest route, closest facility and OD matrix from room centre to all the emergency exits.
I have created the following according to the two guides above.
- csv file containing the activity space (i.e. the door of the room occupied, nearest exits of the floor, bends on the staircase and exit of the ground floor).
- Point shapefile of path that the agents have to follow.
- csv file containing the list of all neighbouring nodes.
- Point shapefile of occupants. There are more than one occupants in few rooms. I intend to show the movement of these occupants as vector agents in Agent Analyst.
- Point shapefile of all emergency exits. I also want it to be include in the model.
So I want to:
- Show the movement of these agents from their present location to the nearest exit on ground floor.
- The occupants are of different sex and age, thus I want the agents to move at different speed from one node to another and while they are moving downstairs. How can I do that?
Lastly, can anyone tell me if movement of agents can be shown in ArcScene because I tried to show the movement, it does not. I tried the same in ArcMap and it works. I haven't tried the same in ArcGlobe.
I am using ArcGIS 10 and Agent Analyst extension for ArcGIS.