I wrote a simple script to rename about 15 shapefiles in a folder on our local server. When I tested it I was working on a workspace on the C:\ and it worked fine. All our data is on a local server and when I changed the pathname to (... arcpy.env.workspace = "P:\Alabama\Export") it did not work. I eventually have to use 20 or so diff paths so I don't want to have to copy data to my c drive.
As I read through examples they all seem to use something on C:.
I am running it in the Python window in ArcCatalog not on an IDE
import arcpy arcpy.env.workspace = "P:\Alabama\Export" if arcpy.Exists("Histori2.shp"): arcpy.Rename_management("Histori2.shp", "H_BEV_CANS.shp") if arcpy.Exists("Histori3.shp"): arcpy.Rename_management("Histori3.shp", "H_CANS.shp")