Over the last two days I've tried to set up and to use a postgreSQL database to use WFS and Feature Access. I've also started a thread in the esri forums, but I hope that I can reach a wider audience here. Some basic information, what I've done
- ArcGIS 10.2 installed on Windows Server 2012
- PostgreSQL 9.2.2 64Bit is installed on the same server as well as PostGIS 2.0
- I've edited the pg_hba.conf to have remote access.
- I've copied the necessary 32Bit client files (libeay32.dll, libiconv-2.dll, libintl-8.dll, libpq.dll, ssleay32.dll) (which I've downloaded from the Customer Portal-> Package: PostgreSQL_Client_Libraries_for_Windows_101_130031.exe) into the \bin-Directory of my ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 installation.
- I've copied the necessary 64Bit client files (libeay32.dll, libintl.dll, libpq.dll, ssleay32.dll) (which I've downloaded from the Customer Portal-> Package: PostgreSQL_Client_Libraries_for_Windows_101_130031.exe) into the \bin-Directory of my ArcGIS Server 10.2 installation. I'm even not sure, if I need this....
- I've copied the necessary st_geometry file (stored in the Installation folder of your ArcGIS installation (D:\Programs\ArcGIS 10.2\Desktop10.2\DatabaseSupport) into the \lib-Directory of my PostgreSQL 9.2.2 installation.
- I've registered the database and the folder via the ArcGIS Server manager in the data store tab. I'm not sure if this right or necessary!?
- The connection via pgAdmin works. I can connect to the database using pgAdmin. Here I have three tables: https://i.stack.imgur.com/kCigI.jpg
- The connection via "ArcCatalog-> Add Database Connection" is finally working. I can connect to the database. As a database I can only select "postgis20" as a database?! Any idea, why it's like that?! https://i.stack.imgur.com/caLyX.jpg I think that it has to be postgres, hasn't it?
From now on I don't know how, what are the next steps. Can anybody confirm that the above mentioned steps are right?
And it would be awesome if someone of you could give me some tips, how I have to work on or what are the next steps. Do I have to "Enable Geodatabase"? Do I have to create an Enterprise Geodatabase with the ArcToolbox Tool? I've spent too many hours without having success :(
My goal: Enabling WFS and Feature Access.
Thanks a lot
Edit Started from scratch regarding database. See each second comment of this post and answer. Btw:...first time for me using stackexchange.com.