Is there any (photogrammetric or other) FOSS package to support the generation of a DEM from ASTER L1B products (i.e. combining the spectral bands 3N and 3B)? Are there any practical examples or/and tutorials? It would certainly be preferable if the tools in question integrate easily in (workflows implemented in) well known GFOSS GIS/RS tools.
Information about ASTER and its products specifications available at:
- ASTER User's Guide - NASA
- ASTER Level-1B Registered Radiance at the Sensor - LP DAAC
- ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT FOR ASTER DIGITAL ELEVATION MODELS (STANDARD PRODUCT AST14) -- references the PCI software.
Related ASTER data products
- On Demand Digital Elevation Model, AST14DEM
- On Demand Registered Radiance at the Sensor - Orthorectified AST14OTH
- On Demand Digital Elevation Model & Registered Radiance at the Sensor - Orthorectified, AST14DMO
DEM-generation related works
- DEM and orthoimage generation from ASTER L1B images for remote areas
- Comparison of automated digital elevation model extraction results using along-track ASTER and across-track SPOT stereo images
- ASTER DEM performance
- Digital elevation model (DEM) generation and accuracy assessment from ASTER stereo data