I am using ArcGIS 10.0 with 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst and Military Analyst.
I feel like I am halfway to solving a problem but do not seem able to completely solve it.
- I have a polygon shapefile with about 100 polygons and each one has a unique ID.
- I want to overlay that on a raster and then for each polygon extract the highest value.
- I used the Military Analyst>Highest Point and also Spatial Analyst>Zonal Statistics and they both work.
- However, the main thing I need in the output is what polygon it is linked to.
- It seems like the zonal statistics work on zones but the id of the zone from the polygon is not transferred to the output.
So how can I get the max values back to the polygon shapefile to update a field?
Update: The solution I found was Zonal Statistics To Table in the Spatial Analyst Toolbox. I just selected ALL statistics.