This question already has an answer here:

I want to determine the catchment area of river from hillside. Is there a plugin that I can use in qgis ?

marked as duplicate by Zachary, PolyGeo, Simbamangu, BradHards, neogeomat Dec 31 '13 at 3:17

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    "Hillside" or "hillshade"? – whuber Dec 30 '13 at 20:28
  • I mean hillshade. I am sorry my bad in english – syafrauf Dec 31 '13 at 9:55
  • OK. By "hillshade" do you mean a digital elevation model (DEM) or do you mean in the usual sense of a raster with values between 0 and 255 used to produce the illusion of side-lit illumination in an image? – whuber Dec 31 '13 at 14:18
  • What do mean of"the illusion of side-lit illumination in an image'? – syafrauf Jan 1 '14 at 10:28
  • See, for example, gis.stackexchange.com/questions/76417/…. – whuber Jan 2 '14 at 14:45

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.