Does anyone know of a native way to achieve the gradient fills like the ones in the attached picture (map_1)?

The circular and rectangular fills that I see already in ArcGIS' symbology choices don't seem to take the whole polygon into consideration (map_2).

Is this type of thing done using another software package like Photoshop?



  • I notice these gradients have a circular fill. Have you tried changing it to buffered in the symbology dialog? Jan 14, 2014 at 23:15
  • Do you just want the gradient effects in map 1? Or do you want the shadow/halo effects as well? The shadow effects have a Photoshop look to them.
    – Baltok
    Jan 14, 2014 at 23:32

1 Answer 1


Perhaps you could accomplish it like this? GradientFillSymbol


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.