Similar to Field Calculator returning incorrect length and area values, but as always slightly different.
I have QGIS 2.0 and when I create a polyline shapefile, the field calculator returns the correct lengths. However the next time I open the project or the shapefile in a new workspace, when I click and the field calculator to update the line lengths, the numbers (in one instance) go to the 10,000,000's.
I have checked the project workspace it is in UTM Z51S and the units are in metres and the shapefile projection is the same.
I have updated the values to be zero first and then use $length to no avail. I have even tried to changing the projection to WGS84 with units as metres and the values are in degrees. It even happens when I create the values in a new field.