I have a polyline split into many short segments and would like to create a flat end buffer for each individual segment (not "dissolve" them all into one feature).
Is there any way to do this in an ArcGIS 10.2 model without purchasing ArcGIS Advanced licence? Arcpy script, paid 3rd party extension, or open source extension etc?
Update: I ended up modifying the code found in this Q/A to create a custom script tool which:
- creates an empty feature class for output
- Iterates though every line of a different input feature class with many short polylines
- at both the start and end of each line create a set of points which form a perpendicular line
- connect those two "lines" (2 sets of 2 points) and feed them into the "shape" attribute of polygon
- write those polygons to the empty feature class