After searching a several long time... i decide to ask here for help, im currently using ubuntu 12.04(because of compatibility) with postgresql 9.1, postgis2, pgrouting2 and qgis2.2
i need to make a system for network adding one by one the lines and their "fixed routes" to the database, with eclipse/c# or something like that, so i can do custom interface to add polyliness into database with a GUI :
- Polylines(routes with name tag or ID, for later use on queries)
- A polyline is composed by 2 routes (one to go and on to back, where the last node of one is the first of the other like a circle)
- Polylines have infinite reverse cost(one way direction).
- Some linestrings might use some of the same nodes of other line.
I'm kinda newbie in this GIS world, so a detailed guide would be nice.
i read that each thread should contain exactly one question and its answers, so other parts would go in other threads.
- "lines", mean public transport routes
- i have a network(streets) that i want to extend with public transport (PT) routes in another layer
- i want to add one by one because there is no PT info available(lines or their routes)
EDIT3: i did some research again and see that what i need are polylines for each of my routes
i have a network(streets) like this: i want to add polyliness like this: and one by one like this (but in the same table/layer, so i can use them on shortest patch query later):