I've installed OpenLayers in Drupal 7 and created a view that pulls geofield data for a "Geography" vocabulary (states, tribes, and U.S. jurisdictions) and shows points on a map that I'm storing on MapBox's server. The map tiles I created in TileMill.
The map displays fine, the points appear in the proper locations, but I can't get the map to center properly -- it appears somewhere off the coast of western Africa. I'm guessing that this is a "projection" problem.
- TileMill maps are always projected to "Web Mercator" (EPSG:3857)
- So, for the layer that I've added, I've used layer type "XYZ" and set the "Projection" to "EPSG:3857"
- In the "Layers & Styles" tab for the map, I've selected "EPSG:3857" for the "Map Projection"
- I've also set the "Display Projection" to "EPSG:3857"
- Because I'd like the map to be centered over/near California, I've made the "Centerpoint" in the "Center & Bounds" tab equal to "-122, 33"
- I've also tried "Zoom to Layer" in the "Behaviors" tab -- but that doesn't seem to work either.
I'm guessing there's something conceptual that I'm missing here -- that there's something about projections that I don't understand, right?