Is there a way of select an object (point, polygon) and move it to a specific coordinate (manually inserted)?

(with Numerical Digitize plugin can not make a move of the object but rather it creates me a new object)

  • 2
    Off the top of my head you should be able to do this with the "Numerical vertex edit" plugin, but i am not totally sure.
    – til_b
    Commented Apr 9, 2014 at 11:42
  • 2
    You are right, the Numerical Vertex Edit solve the problem. thanks
    – Pedro
    Commented Apr 9, 2014 at 14:02

2 Answers 2


With QGIS 2.18 onward this is now in core for editing points.

You need to have the vertex editor panel visible.

But once you start editing nodes, you can type in the x and y for them.

enter image description here

  • 2
    I couldn't find vertex editor panel under View/Panels, but it showed up after I went to edit nodes mode and clicked a node.
    – Line
    Commented Feb 5, 2018 at 11:13

The "Vertex Editor" panel shows up only upon click with right mouse button on vertices that are in Edit mode and the Node Tool is selected - otherwise you will not see this panel.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.