I have two types of image, one of them is a TRMM image with 0.25 degree cells and the other one is a MODIS image with 1 km spatial resolution. How can I change my TRMM image resolution to 1 km without GCP points?

  • 2
    What software do you have available?
    – Aaron
    Commented Apr 12, 2014 at 18:38
  • my software is Erdas imagine 9.1.
    – mozhdeh
    Commented Apr 14, 2014 at 5:41

1 Answer 1


you can use gdal to do this if your input data is georeferenced, with gdalwarp

you will need to specify the output size (-tr 1000 1000), the resampling method (-r bilinear) and I guess the projection of MODIS as output ( -t_srs "+proj=sinu +lon_0=0 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +a=6371007.181 +b=6371007.181 +units=m +no_defs" )

so it should look like this in command line

gdawarp -tr 1000 1000 -r bilinear -t_srs "+proj=sinu +lon_0=0 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +a=6371007.181 +b=6371007.181 +units=m +no_defs" input_TRMM.tif output_TRMM.tif

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.