OK, I think I found it: As I'm running Apache 2.4.7, the Apache configuration needs to look like this (see here):
Require all granted
MapCacheAlias /mapcache "/mapcache/mapcache.xml"
The MapCache request URL is then http://188.8.131.52/mapcache/?....
a) No, you do not have Mapcache, it is an Apache module that must be installed separately
b) Current MapCache version is effectively not available for us Windows users. However, a bit older version is included in MS4W 3.0.4-dev version that can be found from http://maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html. That package contains MapServer version 6....
You have installed two separate programs:
- MapServer that is a map engine
- MapCache that is a tile cache for rendered images
With your request you hit Mapserver (by using a peculiar Mapserver specific "browse" mode). The MapCache service will be found from another URL http://server/mapcache/? as you can see by reading the documentation http://mapserver.org/...
We work regularly with tiled layers in our applications and I usually store tiles directly on a dedicated disk which I host as a virtual directory.
You can see the tile directory here:
I then add the tiles directly as a XYZ layer to my OpenLayers map like so:
layerXYZ = new OpenLayers.Layer.XYZ("XYZ ...
If you want to cache tiles from the backend WMS without having to know the layer names beforehand use either "combined_mirror" or "split_mirror" mode.
This doesn't seem to be properly documented, but it is mentioned in this issue
"combined_mirror" makes a tileset for each combination of layers encountered. "split_mirror" will make a tileset for each layer ...
After struggling one week I'm able to configure tilecache in Linux o.s. I also tested alongwith OL3 and working fine. The main problem is that the it is not reading tilecache.cfg files from correct path. So you have to give your absolute path for cfg files wherever required like in tilecache.cgi and services.py files. For mapserver service the mapscript ...
ArcGIS Server Log Parser should help you in this regard. Try to hit both services independently and then use the log parser to see the response times.
The compact format should deliver better performance compared to the exploded format since that is what it was designed for.
At end, it was simple.
go to your mapcache server to obtain the list of layers:
get information about layer:
here you see the size of the tile in X and Y:
<TileFormat width="256" height="256" mime-type="image/unknown" extension="xxx"/>
the origin of ...
You need to define the resolutions for zoom levels:
Example (You need to define yours):
<resolutions>0.703125000000000 0.351562500000000 0.175781250000000 8.78906250000000e-2 4.39453125000000e-2 2.19726562500000e-2 1.09863281250000e-2 5.49316406250000e-3 2.74658203125000e-3 1.37329101562500e-3 6.86645507812500e-4 3.43322753906250e-4 1....
If your native map format is going to be USGS 7.5' quads, then the simplest solution is to make up an HTML index page like you show in your question, and have the name of each quad coded as a link to the underlying .pdf map. The user can bring up the index map in the browser and click a quad name which will cause the associated pdf to open in Acrobat Reader (...
The error was in my template variable syntax... And the letter "j" put me on its trail ! In the configuration,
is wrong and must be
Note the "s" character after the closing parenthesis - it ...
Go for MapProxy.
I used TileCache and GeoWebCache in the past and Mapproxy is far better.
Great performances and small footprint
Quite simple to understand and configure
You can by-pass Mapproxy with NGINX if you map your cache directory as a web directory. Calling Mapproxy only in cache-miss case.
Project is very active
Some example of what is ...
I solve my problem with editing database and inverse Y field :
create 2 copy of original table(contain personal data).
sort 1st copy of table with Z,X,Y ACE and add a newID.
sort 2nd copy of table with Z,X ACE and Y DESC and add a newID.
update Y filed of 1st table with Y of 2nd table where newID=newID.
now i have a table (1st copy) same as original table ...