Spatial Analyst is an extension within ArcGIS that provides a range of spatial modeling and analysis tools.
Spatial Analyst is an extension within ArcGIS that provides a range of spatial modeling and analysis tools. The extension is distributed under a separate license that can be acquired on top of the standard ESRI products like ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.
The spatial analyst extension consists of many toolsets, containing many different tools for raster and vector manipulation like tools for:
- Elevation data (e.g. slope, aspect, curvature)
- Overlay analysis (e.g. Weighted Summ, Weighted Overlay, Locate Regions)
- Cost path analysis (e.g. Euclidean Distance, Cost Path, Path Distance)
- Raster statistics (e.g. Cell Statistics, Focal Statistics, Zonal Statistics. Not to be confused the Geostatistical Analyst extension)
- Interpolation of points to rasters (e.g. Topo To Raster, IDW, Kriging)
- Data generalization (e.g. Aggregate, Boundary Clean, Majority Filter)
This tag can be used for questions about any of the tools in the Spatial-Analyst extension, preferably with the specific tool mentioned in a separate tag.