I got a map and its format is .shp. What tool can be used to change it to one of the following file formats .off, .ply, .wrl, .obj, .m, .gim. ?

  • 3
    Welcome to GIS SE. As a new user please take the Tour. Please edit the question to contain the name of the software that uses that format. Also, be careful to distinguish between data and maps. Shapefile is a data transfer standard. – Vince Mar 11 '16 at 12:24

Since i don't know wich GIS system you are using, i can't tell you if there is a spectific tool to change the format of your files.

However, you could use an online converter such as : http://conversionai.com/file/3-d-slash-cad/shp-shapes-file/obj-lightwave-3-d-object

I cannot tell for the other file extension, but i know it can change the format of your .SHP to .OBJ.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.