I would like to make catchments for many thousands of points using Network Analyst. The number of points is too big for one "Solve," so I am iterating through each point, solving and exporting the shapefile
I used Model Builder to start:
It works, but after a few thousand catchments it begins to slow down. Watching the geoprocessing window, I see "Copy Features" is the culprit: after each iteration it seems to hang on it longer and longer. The add location/solve seem to operate at the same speed. I tried adding a delete "in_memory" to the model but it didn't help. I would like to know what could be causing the "Copy Features" to drag, and if it is possible to fix it.
With model builder it is hard to figure out what is going on. I would like to switch to python but am stymied there as well (see this question)