I am interested to know whether changing the projection of a PostGIS table will affect the rending speed when viewing it in QGIS.
I have two layers coming from QGIS which are exactly the same and cover a geographical area covering England in the United Kingdom. The only difference is their projection:
- The first is ESPG: 4326 (WGS 84)
- The second is ESPG: 27700 (BNG)
The former (4326) appears to render in 2500ms and the second one in 7500ms.
- Both layers have a primary key on the same field
- Both layers have a spatial index
- The QGIS version is 3.4.15 and the project CRS is 27700