I am having issues clipping a very large polygon shapefile.
Can you all help me?
The error returned is “WARNING 000117: Warning empty output generated“. I have tried troubleshooting all of the usual suspects, including recommendations from the stackexchange community such as:
- The polygons are in the same projection
- I repaired the geometry (which fixed some issues but still got the error message when re-running)
- Since it is a large file – I created a new shapefile of subset data (Export data) that was much smaller and it is still not working
- The clip feature is just one single polygon not a multipart polygon
- The clip feature is contained within the shapefile of polygons that I am trying to clip (ie clip feature is for a small area in Central America and the polygons that I am trying to clip are for the entire world)
- Both are shapefiles as I know geodatabases can sometimes cause issues
- I have used the clip feature with other shapefiles without a problem so I know that nothing is wrong with this clip feature.
- Standard re-boot of computer, programs
- No features are selected when I am running this tool
- Located in a folder with no spaces and the file name is very short
However the clip still returns the same error. The large dataset I am trying to clip is the MAMMALS file located at this link (the amphibians and reptiles files work just fine, but the Mammals does not): http://www.iucnredlist.org/technical-documents/spatial-data